This garlic butter soy king oyster mushrooms dish is a flavorful and savory recipe that showcases the natural taste and texture of king oyster mushrooms. It features sliced King oyster mushrooms that are cooked in a rich and aromatic sauce made with garlic, butter, and sweet soy sauce.
King oyster mushrooms are known for their mild, nutty flavor and a meaty texture. They have a chewy, firm consistency that makes them a popular choice for vegetarian and vegan dishes, as they can mimic the texture of meat when cooked. They are also a nutritious addition to your diet: low in calories, fat-free, a also good source of dietary fiber and antioxidants.
The dish starts by cooking the king oyster mushroom over melted butter until they develop a golden brown color, bringing out their natural sweetness. Minced garlic is then added, creating a fragrant base that adds depth to the flavor.
The sauce, consisting of sweet soy sauce and oyster sauce, is poured over the mushrooms, infusing them with a delightful umami flavor. The mushrooms simmer in the sauce, allowing them to absorb the flavors and become tender and succulent.
The final dish offers a combination of rich, buttery notes, the robust aroma of garlic, and the savory elements of soy sauce. The mushrooms maintain their meaty texture while taking on the flavors of the sauce, resulting in a mouthwatering and satisfying experience.
Garlic Butter Soy King Oyster Mushrooms can be served as a standalone appetizer or as a versatile ingredient in various dishes. It pairs well with steamed rice, noodles, or as a topping for salads, adding a savory and umami-packed element to the overall meal. The optional garnish of chopped spring onions adds a touch of freshness and visual appeal to the plate. So let’s get to it!
Watch How To Make It
Garlic Butter Soy King Oyster Mushrooms
- 3 king oyster mushrooms
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet sauce
- salt to taste
- green onion as garnish
- Slice the mushrooms into 1-inch pieces that are bite-sized, then score them on both sides.
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce and salt. Stir gently to coat the mushrooms evenly with the sauce.
- Add water and let it simmer in the sauce for an additional 2 minutes, allowing them to absorb the flavours, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Optional step: Garnish with spring onion and chilli for added freshness and colour.