I love roasted chicken, and this Kewpie Roasted Chicken really stands out for me, due to it’s incredibly simple steps to make while also being jam-packed with Asian flavors! The star ingredient here is Kewpie mayonnaise, known for its rich and creamy texture, and combined with other common ingredients in Asian kitchens to create and amazingly spicy, savory and sweet flavor that will blow your mind!
The spice blend in this recipe includes curry powder, which brings warmth and complexity to the chicken. White pepper adds a subtle heat, and oyster sauce contributes savory notes, resulting in a well-rounded flavor profile. Chopped garlic plays a crucial role, infusing the chicken with a robust and savory essence.
Marinating the boneless chicken thighs for 30 minutes allows them to soak up the rich flavors. This step is key to ensuring that each bite is flavorful and delicious. Once marinated, the chicken goes into the oven, starting at 190°C for 20 minutes (remember to preheat the oven first!).
During baking, the chicken is taken out every 10 minutes to slathering more delicious marinade onto it, ensuring an intense and even distribution of flavors. Cranking up the heat to 220°C for the final 10 minutes then creates a nice crust on the chicken.
Serving the Kewpie Roasted Chicken with cucumber and jasmine rice adds a refreshing element to the dish. The combination of textures, flavors, and the appealing appearance of the crusted chicken makes it a great meal for any occasion!
This Kewpie Roasted Chicken is a straightforward recipe that brings together simple ingredients to create an amazingly tasty dish, and it only requires a few minutes of active time, so you can prepare other dishes while waiting for the chicken to marinate and bake! So let’s get to it!
Watch How To Make It
Kewpie Roasted Chicken
- 1 kg boneless chicken thighs skin on
- 100 g kewpie mayonnaise
- 25 g curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp white pepper
- 25 g oyster sauce
- 25 g garlic chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the marinade in a large bowl and mix it into a paste.
- Coat the chicken in the marinade bowl, and let it sit for 30 minutes to soak up the goodness.
- Preheat the oven at 190°C.
- Lay a parchment paper on the oven tray before you place the chicken on top. Let it bake for 20 minutes and slather more marinade every 10 minutes.
- Crank up the heat to 220°C and bake it for another 10 minutes to get a nice crust.
- Serve it with cucumber, jasmine rice and enjoy!